HCCA's Visual and Performing Arts Summer Camp has full day and half day camps for grades K-7.
Inclement Weather Policy | Registration Information
The Center Reserves The Right To:
- Substitute faculty as needed. Students will be notified of long-term faculty changes.
- Cancel a program at any time for reasonable cause.
- Deny registration or entry when deemed necessary for public safety.
- Ask any student to leave if he or she is disruptive or interferes with the safety of others and to suspend a child from a program, without refund, after notifying parent of disciplinary problems.
- Photograph program participants for publicity, educational, or documentary use.
- Adjust program details as necessary.
- It is the responsibility of participants to consult with a physician regarding their/ their child's physical condition and ability to participate in this program.
- All program participants must complete HCCA's Emergency Form Waiver & Release.
- For emergencies requiring immediate medical attention, staff will call 911 and notify the student's parents or emergency contact.
Rules of Conduct Include:
- No smoking in the building.
- No soliciting or loitering.
- No inappropriate or indecent conduct or language.
- No interference with employee duties.
- No defacing property.
- No unauthorized use of illegal drugs, intoxicants and/or weapons.
- Any other conduct that is disruptive or may jeopardize the safety of others is strictly prohibited.
Parents please note:
Neither the facility staff nor instructors are responsible for children before or after the scheduled program/class unless otherwise pre-arranged in writing. It is your responsibility to take your child to the teacher at the start of the program and pick your child up from the teacher immediately after the program. A fee of $5 for the first five minutes and $5 per minute for each additional minute will be assessed if your child is not picked up at the close of the program/class and no prior arrangements have been made with the staff.
Inclement weather policy:
The Howard County Center for the Arts (HCCA) will follow the policies below with regard to closings and late openings due to inclement weather. This policy is in effect unless otherwise stated/notified.
IF, DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, HOWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS (HCPS):
are closed for the day by 8AM: HCCA's regularly scheduled ongoing programs (ie: classes, rehearsals) will NOT operate and the building will be closed. *
close early: HCCA will close 1 hour after Howard County Public Schools have closed. *
open one hour late: HCCA will open at 9AM. If HCPS open 2 hours late, HCCA will open at 10AM.
are not in session (e.g. weekends, holidays or previously schedules school closings) the following policies are in place:
* The status of the building closure will be re-evaluated by 3PM for evening (start time of 5PM or later) programs and events. Updates will be available on the Arts Council voice-mail (410-313-2787) after 3PM and on the website main page.
- If phase one of the snow emergency plan** is in effect at 8AM that day, HCCA's regularly scheduled ongoing programs (i.e. classes, rehearsals) will NOT operate and the building will be closed. *
- Programs in operation at HCCA , when phase one of the snow emergency plan** goes into effect, will close down one hour after the plan goes into effect.
- Afternoon and evening classes will be cancelled if phase one of the snow emergency plan** goes into effect one hour prior to the start of class.
** The Maryland State Police declares snow emergencies with input from MD State Highway Administration. During inclement weather, a list of snow emergency plans in effect can be found on www.chart.state.md.us, as well as most local radio and television stations.
Listen to WBAL 1090 AM for specific HCCA announcements or call 410-313-ARTS (2787) for a recorded message.
Registration and Payment
- Registration begins immediately.
- Advance registration is required and early enrollment is advised to avoid possible cancellation of the class due to low enrollment. A class will be canceled if minimum enrollment is not met by the specified registration deadline.
- Programs are subject to minimum and maximum enrollment and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Register by phone (410-313-2787) or online with Visa/Master Card, in person on weekdays, from 9AM-5PM at the Howard County Center for the Arts, or via regular mail. Checks payable to: HCAC/HCCA.
- Fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. Spaces will not be held without full payment.
- Acceptance is automatic unless notified. Students are responsible for attending on the correct day and time without further notice.
- If registering online DO NOT use the BACK button on the browser at any point, especially if you are registering more that one student.
Discounts & Financial Assistance (Cannot be combined. One discount per registration.)
- HCAC members receive the discounted (member) tuition. Membership must be current on the first day of class.
- Senior citizens are eligible to receive the member rate.
- 5% discount available when registering more than one child from the same non-member family.
- HCCA provides a limited amount of financial assistance for programs. Awards will be partial scholarships determined by need on a first-come, first-served basis. Interested students must submit a letter of requests.
Cancellations & Refunds
- HCAC reserves the right to cancel any course at any given time. A refund of tuition is guaranteed. Participants in courses canceled after the first class session will receive a pro-rated refund for canceled sessions.
- Students may drop a course and obtain a refund less a $10 processing fee up to 2 weeks prior to the start of the course. No refunds/credits will be given for students withdrawing after this time.
- Classes missed by students will not be made up, nor will refunds or credits be issued for student-missed classes.
- Membership fees are not refundable.