Adopted January 2012
To serve the citizens of Howard County by fostering the arts, artists, and arts organizations.
We advocate, support and provide access to diverse arts experiences within our community.
To connect people and the arts.
- Integrity: Honor, respect and trust
- Collaboration: Work and partner with other groups to enhance our collective strengths
- Innovation: Encourage creativity in the production and delivery of all art forms
- Inclusion: All are welcome
The lead organization for all things art.
The Board identified 3 key strategies to support and fulfill the Arts Council’s Mission and 2020 Vision:
- Physical Campus: The Arts Council will foster the growth of the arts in Howard County, make the arts more accessible and enhance service to the community by expanding its physical presence.
- Virtual Campus: The Arts Council will foster the growth of the arts in Howard County and connect the arts and people of our region by enhancing its online presence.
- Development: The Arts Council will support core programs and address strategic initiatives by developing, growing and strengthing its Board, Fundraising and Marketing capacities.